2024 May Training Reflections

The taxing nature of trying to keep up with running and squatting is apparent. It not only affects the lower body but increases overall fatigue extending to the upper body. 

Upper body-- the sudden onset of weakness in Apr leading to a very drastic reduction in dumbbell press during Chest Days is getting a little better but still not back to where I was before. Just couldn't figure this one out as it is not about getting any sharp pain. Just doesn't have the strength to lift more than 25kg on the left side!

Overall I wouldn't say its a bad month of training as I finally did a "no training" Murph Challenge  on my 54th birthday. Completed. Just not the best in terms of timing.

Reckon I will stick to my current mode of training with more regulated sets/ reps daily rather than going for max reps. Everything observed so far. Recovery and lessened new pains/ injuries + an actual better increase in strength is obvious.

Other than occasional "impromptu" self challenges like the Murph this month-- I just do my usual periodical testing to check if fitness level with regard to various fitness components is maintain/ improved.


These were written down 9 months ago but some had been ongoing for longer than that, like the 2.4km Quarterly Run which started in Nov 2021. Overall most things ate maintained and seen some improvement. This is a crucial tabulation as I don't tend to remember things that happened day by day too well. The numbers indicated as I test them out hence is a good indicator of where my various fitness components are compared to the beginning. This is not about achieving PRs or PBs, although numbers and ability from those certainly can be used in the recording. This is really more of maintaining a certain level of proficiency in various areas and troubleshoot to reprogram my training schedules to re-focus if needed.

Popular posts from this blog

2023 Oct Training Reflections

2022 October Training Reflections

2023 May Training Reflections