Sunday, July 9, 2023

Over Training

 Last couple days in June felt exceptionally tiring. The ache was all over and doesn't seem to subside. What's especially bad was the left shoulder which flared up again. Not quite the same spots as before and putting the left hand behind the back was certainly challenging.

Evening massage and trying to rotate and relax was of little help.

And I pressed on. The month was also filled with several days that I tried out things or routines I'm not usually accustomed to.

That, I suspect put on a different kind of strain to the body because of the lack of adaptation for the muscles under new movements.

I reckon its 3 and 5 that really aggravated the shoulder area as the  intensity and volume started piling up day by day.


Signed up for a gym membership and did some kettlebell should press on day one. Light. Just 10-12kg for a few sets interleaved with my pullup session. That seemed to help relieve the shoulder somewhat!

A recovery move discovered accidentally.

This made me think--  the procrastination to build up the shoulders should really stop. But certainly not all shoulder heavy exercises would work similarly...  hmmm.


Anyway booked a session of physiotherapy next week to "fix" things...